The NEBOSH International Diploma is the qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals building directly upon the foundation of knowledge provided by the NEBOSH International General Certificate.
It is designed to provide students with the expertise – wherever in the world they may be working – required to undertake a career as a safety and health practitioner. It also provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
· The qualification meets the academic requirements for application for Graduate Membership (Grad IOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH – www.iosh.co.uk). This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner as a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH).
· Holders of the International Diploma are able to waive the Board of Certified Safety Professionals’ Associate Safety Professional (ASP) examination so that, if they meet all other requirements, they may sit directly for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) examination.
· Holders of the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and either the NEBOSH National or International Certificate in Construction Health and Safety meet the headline entrance criteria requirements for Registered Construction Safety Practitioner (RMaPS) and membership of the Association for Project Safety (APS).
· The International Diploma is also accepted by the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as meeting the academic requirements for full membership (MIIRSM).
Course Duration :
1. Full-time: 4 months
Total Contact hours: 231(No breaks between exams and modules)
Week Schedule: 5 days per week (3 hrs per day)
2. Part-time: 8 months
Total Contact hours:231 (No breaks between exams and modules)
Week Schedule: 2 days per week (4hrs per day)
DIPLOMA IN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH
UNIT IA: MANAGING
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Element IA1: Principles of health and safety
Element IA2: Regulating health and
Element IA3: Loss causation and
Element IA4: Measuring and reviewing
health and safety performance
Element IA5: The assessment and
evaluation of risk
Element IA6: Risk control
Element IA7: Organisational factors
Element IA8: Human factors
Element IA9: The role of the health
and safety practitioner
UNIT IB: HAZARDOUS
SUBSTANCES / AGENTS
Managing Occupational Health
Identification, assessment and evaluation of hazardous substances
Element IB3: The
control of hazardous substances
Element IB4: The monitoring
of measuring if hazardous substances
Element IB6: Noise
Mental ill-health and dealing with violence and aggression at work
Musculoskeletal risks and control
Element IB10: Work
environment risks and controls
UNIT IC: WORKPLACE
AND WORK EQUIPMENT SAFETY
Workplace welfare requirements and specific workplace issues
Element IC2: Fire
Element IC3: Workplace
fire risk assessment
Element IC4: The
storage, handling and processing of dangerous substances
Element IC5: Work
Mobile, lifting, access and work at height equipment
Construction and works of a temporary nature - hazards and controls
Workplace transport and managing work-related road risk
APPLICATION OF HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT IN THE WORKPLACE
Mode of Assessment: There will be a Written Examination and Practical Assessment for the course. This is a classroom based learning programme.
NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety will be awarded by The NATIONAL EXAMINATION BOARD IN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH (NEBOSH) upon successful completion of the course.
· Academic Level: NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
· Language Proficiency: WPLN Level 6
· Work experience: 1-2 years
Average Teacher to Student Ratio: 1.30
Lecturers & Teaching Modules : Refer to PDF.