The aim of the course is to provide course participants with the requisite WAH knowledge so that they can perform their WAH activities properly and safely.
At the end of the course, the learners shall be able to:
i. Identify relevant Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) legislations / approved codes of practice / Singapore standards applicable to WAH and roles and responsibilities
ii. Identify WAH hazards and preventive measures related to WAH
iii. Demonstrate the understanding of use and care for the various fall arrest systems and equipment
This course is accredited by the Learning Service Providers (LSP). The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has requires learning service providers to attain the ISO 29990:2010 Learning Service Provider (LSP) certification as part of the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) training.
The ISO 29990:2010 LSP certification is administered by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) through its Certification Bodies (CBs) and will replace the MOM Accredited Training Provider (ATP) Scheme.
7.5 hours including 1.5 hours of assessment
• Work At Height Legislation
• Risk Assessment for Work At Height
• Ladders and Step Platforms
• Personal Protection Equipment for Work At Height
• Principles of Fall Protection
• Fall Rescue and Suspension Trauma
• Practical lessons on harness fitting, harness suspension, retractable fall arrestors, twin lanyards, ladder systems
• Fall prevention plan and emergency preparedness
Mode of Assessment:
Written Test, Practical Performance
• A 100% course attendance record
• At least a 60% pass rate for the theory assessment
• A 100% pass rate for the practical assessment
• Medically fit with no visual and hearing impairment
• Not afraid of heights