This is a mandatory training course for Occupational First Aiders. The aim of this first aid course is to train individuals to render first aid treatment to the casualty during an emergency or accident at the workplace.
Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations 2006 Reg. 5 (2) stipulates that “every person appointed as a First Aider shall have undergone and successfully completed such training in first-aid treatment as the Commissioner may approve”.
This course is accredited by the Learning Service Providers (LSP). The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has requires learning service providers to attain the ISO 29990:2010 Learning Service Provider (LSP) certification as part of the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) training.
The ISO 29990:2010 LSP certification is administered by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) through its Certification Bodies (CBs) and will replace the MOM Accredited Training Provider (ATP) Scheme.
Upon successful completion of course, a certification with 2 years validity will be issued.
23.5 hours (including 2 hours 40 minutes of assessment)
Trainee must achieve 75% attendance for entire course and achieve 100% attendance for CPR + AED.
1. Duties and Responsibilities of First Aider
2. Handling and Transportation of the Injured
3. Management of Medical Emergencies
4. Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & use of AED
5. Circulatory System & Management of Bleeding
6. Skeletal System, Fractures and Dislocations
7. Occupational Eye Injuries
8. Skin and Burn Injuries
9. Respiratory System and Breathing Difficulties
10. Legal Requirements from MOM
11. Chemicals in the Workplace
12. Accident Prevention
Mode of Assessment
1. Written Assessment for 20 OFAC MCQ: 70% to Pass
2. Written Assessment for 20 CPR + AED MCQ: 80% to Pass
3. Practical Assessment: Obtain ‘C’ (Competent)
• ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above.
• Medical Fitness
o Does not have any history or underlying medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities/problems such as knee, spinal or joints injury (please consult your doctor to get the necessary clearance to undertake the CPR practice and assessment).
o Pregnant ladies are highly discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons